Knowing what you want from your website
- What do you want from your website?
- Is your website setup to do what what you want it to do?
- Do you have a way to measure the results you are getting?
Measure the results
Continue Reading, Become a Member!
- Members can access more content related to this article:
- Website Performance Checklist
- Videos on ‘How to analyze your website’
If you like content like this, subscribe to the BT4SB “Working Smarter” Blog and everything else on the website. You will get access to valuable resources like the recordings of our ‘Office Hours’ calls and more. Coming Soon
Every business has different goals for their website. Some may prioritize basic information dissemination, while others aim to attract attention from search engines and generate leads or sales. Understanding what you want to achieve with your website is crucial to its success.
Assessing your website’s performance involves considering three main aspects:
1. Clearly define what you want your website to accomplish.
2. Evaluate whether your website is set up to fulfill its intended purpose.
3. Establish methods to measure the results and effectiveness of your website.
One common mistake is failing to guide visitors on what actions to take. To optimize your website, clearly communicate the desired actions to visitors based on your goals. Provide instructions on where to find information, how to contact your business, or how to make a purchase. Additionally, emphasize the benefits visitors will gain by taking those actions.
Measuring website performance depends on the specific goals you have set. Here are some approaches:
1. For awareness: Ask customers how they found out about your business and monitor their responses. Utilize tools like Google Analytics to track the number of visitors from search engines
2. For lead generation: Implement forms or contact options on your website to capture inquiries. Track the number of leads generated through these channels.
3. For sales: Monitor sales data to obtain accurate and quantifiable results.